Welcome to Clitheroe Community Church on this first Sunday in February 2019. Maybe you’ve found January to be never-ending. It’s easily done but I think it’s important not to wish our days away; they are a gift and full of opportunities to make a difference.
Let’s face it, if we live in a state of hibernation, longing for warmer and longer days, we can easily by-pass the God-given chances to bless contained in this day! When we think about it, isn’t just the season that can rob us of our desire to grab the new day; it can be a physical or emotional factor, a disappointment, a worry or a relationship issue etc.. It’s easy to have our joy and optimism robbed and, before we realise it, our hope and optimism in the Lord have taken a hit. The answer is surely in pressing into God whatever our situation might be.
The prophet Isaiah had some great advice to motivate Israel into pursuing God in a fresh way. In Isaiah 43 we see powerful truths that are still applicable to us today.
- Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. (v.1)
- When you pass through waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you. (v.2)
- I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour. (v.3)
- You are precious in my eyes and honoured, and I love you. (v.4)
- Fear not, for I am with you. (v.5)
Be encouraged: today is a new day so let’s rise, shine and give God the glory!